Aug 29, 2017
Tune in and learn how to:
- Make time to do the things that really “light you up”
- Get into a state of flow where you can use your unique talents
to boost your business
- Prioritize and use the 80/20 rule for time management to learn
where to direct your focus
- Give yourself permission to take time when you’re in a
funk—progress will still happen!
In this episode I rap with Dana Skoglund about:
Tips on the transformative power of
YHC and how it can help you:
- Manage life now and in the future when things get
- Make and follow an organized plan to use time wisely and guide
yourself to your goals
- Get out of your own way and feel less emotionally involved to
become more productive
- 2:45 — The capacities we build at YHC are totally
transformative and lead to better alignment, impact, income,
support, and collaboration.
- 5:10 — YHC leads to differences in the realities of our lives.
One key way is that we understand the power of delegation in
freeing up our time.
- 11:00 — Building your business will always require effort but
also offer continued growth. There are things you can do now and in
the future to better manage your time and prepare for this
- 13:13 — When you need to slow things down, this is still a
great time for planning, prioritizing, and setting goals.
- 19:00 — We need to always be on the lookout for leaders,
especially as we shift into new phases of growth.
- 25:40 — Clear communication opens up pathways for and
commitment to your and your students’ journeys ahead.
- 31:05 — The support Dana receives in Continuity is completely
Link from the Conversation:
Favorite Quotes from the Conversation:
- “I feel like I’ve gotten so much more clear around my niche and
my style and my values.”
- “Perfectionism was really what held me back. Part of delegating
is being okay with things not being done the way you would exactly
do them. But it’s better than not having that support!”
- “It took me a while to be okay with reaching out and investing
- “There’s always a big long list, but by creating organization
within that list…I’m only working on one or two things at a time.
And that feels totally doable.”
Dana Skoglund is a Certified Yoga Health
Coach, Yoga teacher, and mother of two rambunctious young boys.
She’s been studying Yoga since 2000 and teaching since 2004, and
she has over 1,000 hours of training in the styles of Jivamukti,
Anusara, and Sridaiva. Her desires to take her health and
well-being into her own hands and to learn how to keep her family
healthy led her to Ayurveda in 2011.
After implementing daily routines from Ayurveda and noticing the
profound impacts they had on her energy and happiness, she
clients into these better body habits in 2013. She aims
others about the importance of health habits in crafting
the lives of their dreams. Dana is also deeply passionate about
travel, adventure, learning, movement of any kind, and the