Apr 5, 2022
Yoga Health Coaches, Patrick
Heffernan, and Emily Cole were on many different journeys two years
ago when life events and the state of the world catapulted them
into a new direction. While Patrick has an acting and yoga
background and Emily leads wilderness adventures to at-risk youth,
both are now on a similar journey as Yoga Health Coaches, leading
others into transformation and being “Digital Nomads” (Emily’s
Listen in on this entertaining
and enlightening conversation about finding and crossing new
thresholds, overcoming mainstream culture, feeling into identity
evolution, and so much more!
What you’ll get out of
- How to step confidently over new life
- How to optimize habits through a big
- Why work through cultural beliefs in our
- When to find flexibility with the
- How to guide others out of a fixed
- Emily shares her story of honoring her identity
evolution at a recent Mexican Fiesta.
- Patrick talks about his experience with the
Wild Habits challenge and the Fast mimicking diet.
- Patrick tells us about helpful practices for
liminal thinking from Jordan Peterson.
- [3:40]- Understanding our own story as an
- [8:40]- Willingness and awareness around
- [11:42]- Kaizen approach to habits in new
- [13:35]- Overcoming cultural beliefs around new
- [14:10]- Honoring our desires when culture
- [16:00]- YHC Community
- [19:01]- Building body wisdom through
- [21:23]- Consciousness and flexibility in
- [24:02]- The Identity evolution of being in
choice and releasing judgment.
- [29:09]- Shining the light of consciousness
onto the trigger.
- [30:43]- Spirituality in the business
- [35:00]- Collaboration in looking within vs.
- [38:40]- Guiding others out of a fixed
- [40:15]- The push/pull dynamic of identity
- “I just need to be present right here, because
I don’t know where else to be.” -Emily
- “Every time I change locations, I get a chance
to reset my habits.” -Emily
- It’s one thing to make the decision just to go
against culture, but then you are going to get little kind of
continuous pushback or reminders or friction or resistance in all
these different forms and it's going to show up in our
relationships. Our relationships, I think, are a real big
part of identity evolution. It shows how much I am evolving
based on how much the people around me are reacting to what I’m
- “Now there is this pull of I know, my body
knows and I know in all layers of myself, how good it feels to feel
good and I know that that can keep getting better.”
- “When we can shine light of consciousness onto
the trigger, that's as much of a win as changing the habit of
letting the thing go.” -Patrick
Patrick Heffernan and Emily Cole
As the founder of Wild Within
Coaching, Emily believes in, supports, and models going deep within
ourselves for a wild journey. With a decade of wilderness guiding
experience, she knows intimately the transformative power of
adventure and how good it feels to be centered in oneself. Through
coaching, she has seen the same process of people coming into their
own guidance, wisdom, and power and loves supporting and guiding
these exciting journeys too.
Patrick Heffernan is a wellness
professional based two hours north of NYC in the Hudson Valley. He
leads the dynamic community, Journey to You, where he coaches his
members on how they can live a life more aligned to the rhythm of
nature and tap into their best health and best selves. He also
founded the online yoga community, Journey to the Peak, where he
leads monthly online yoga immersions themed towards a peak pose
and/or yoga philosophy.